Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day Of Protest For Gays This Saturday


As many of you know, after all was said and done with the election, the gays in America lost a big fight. We all knew that Amendment 2 here in Florida was going to pass, but when prop 8 in
California passed, it was very disheartening. California...out of all places, I thought, had the majority of open-minded people in America. I am tired of being made to feel even less than a second class citizen. We should all have the right to be happy. We all should all have the right to show our love for the ones we love. I'm tired of feeling like I can't walk down the street and hold hands with my boyfriend because people don't think its "right". I'm tired of people thinking they can decide for me what is "right". I am a grown man that is in love with another grown man and there is nothing wrong with that. I want what everyone in America wants...to be free. I am going to fight for that right and I want all of you to join us.


This Saturday is going to be a day of protest across America.
Here is the link to find your state: Day Of Protest
Me and my boyfriend of 8 yrs plan on being one of the people speaking out in Pensacola. The sad thing about the protest in pensacola is as of now there are only 4 people willing to stand up and do something. The population of Pensacola alone (this is not including the surrounding areas of pensacola) is around 60,000 people. We know that at least 1 in 10 people are gay. That means that there are at least 6,000 gay men and women in Pensacola and only 4 care enough to do something. Please don't be one of those people who just sit back hoping things will change. We need everyone's voice to be heard.


Here is the link you need to go to so you can find out when and where you NEED to be in Pensacola: Day Of Protest


It does not matter if you are gay, friends of the gays, or just someone that believes all people should be equal. We need you there. Please don't let the injustice continue.


STAND UP AND LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD AS ONE!

No comments: